President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has received praise from Kennedy Nyarko Osei, the chairperson of the Roads and Transport Committee and a member of the Special Budget Committee, for his administration’s unparalleled efforts in building roads.
In a recent interview with GhanaWeb, Kennedy Osei stated that it is unrealistic to expect any administration to finish building Ghana’s vast road network in under eight years.
Osei emphasized, “No government can compare itself to the Akufo-Addo government in terms of the road that we have done. Our problems are enormous, and we still have a deficit that doesn’t mean we don’t have road problems in this country.”
He also brought up the fact that just around 40% of the nation’s roads are paved, leaving a sizable 60% of them unpaved, which presents a difficult problem.
He went on to praise the Akufo-Addo government’s remarkable achievement, stating, “We have done over 11,000 kilometres as I speak to you, which government in the history of Ghana has been able to do this?”
Furthermore, he contended that completing the task in just 8 years is unprecedented and would require much more time under other administrations.
“If the government in 8 years is able to do 11,000 kilometres, this 11,000 will take some people 16 years to do. No government can finish our roads within 8 years,” he added.