Advertisement
Advertisement
Ghana News

King Charles spotted waving to well-wishers hours before cancer news announced

Advertisement

King Charles III made his first public appearance shortly before it was revealed that he had been diagnosed with cancer. The monarch had recently undergone a medical procedure for an enlarged prostate, leading to a hospital stay.

However, further examinations uncovered the cancer diagnosis. On Sunday, Charles attended church with Queen Camilla, marking his first public outing since his hospitalization.

Advertisement

Despite his health concerns, the 75-year-old appeared in good spirits as he waved to well-wishers outside St. Mary Magdalene Church near Sandringham, accompanied by his wife.

King Charles III and Queen Camilla attended Sunday services near their residence in Norfolk, England, where they were photographed with Reverend Canon Dr. Paul Williams, the Rector of Sandringham.

Their appearance coincided with the UK Sunday Times report of Charles appointing a new assistant equerry, Captain Kat Anderson.

The former Royal Artillery officer will assist the king, particularly during foreign trips, marking the first time a woman has served a British monarch in this role. Charles had previously been seen leaving the hospital on January 29 after receiving treatment.

“The king was this afternoon discharged from hospital following planned medical treatment and has rescheduled forthcoming public engagements to allow for a period of private recuperation,” Buckingham Palace announced at the time.

On the royal family’s official Instagram page, a statement was shared that read, “Thank you to all those who have sent their good wishes during The King’s hospital stay. His Majesty is delighted that his diagnosis is having a positive impact on public health awareness.”

King Charles III spent three nights in the hospital before being discharged. Upon leaving, he appeared in good health, walking unassisted and dressed in a grey suit with a double-breasted overcoat.

The palace had announced on January 17 that Charles was to undergo a “corrective procedure” for his enlarged prostate, with subsequent confirmation of the surgery’s success.

“His Majesty is doing quite well,” a royal source told Fox News Digital.

King Charles III, who became king 16 months ago, was diagnosed with a benign condition on January 17 after experiencing undisclosed symptoms. He canceled engagements and was advised to rest before undergoing a procedure, which was completed by Friday afternoon.

Buckingham Palace has announced that Charles has been diagnosed with cancer, though the specific type has not been disclosed. However, it has been confirmed that it is not prostate cancer.

“During The King’s recent hospital procedure for benign prostate enlargement, a separate issue of concern was noted,” the palace said in an emailed statement. “Subsequent diagnostic tests have identified a form of cancer.”

“His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties,” the statement added.

According to the statement, the king wanted to share his diagnosis “in the hope it may assist public understanding for all those around the world who are affected by cancer.”

The London Clinic private hospital, where King Charles III underwent his procedure, is the same facility where his daughter-in-law, Kate Middleton, was admitted for planned abdominal surgery. On the same day Charles’ procedure was announced, it was revealed that the Princess of Wales had been hospitalized for her own surgery.

Details of her condition were not disclosed, but the statement noted that the procedure had been completed successfully, and she was expected to remain hospitalized for up to two weeks. Kensington Palace later announced that she had been discharged and was continuing her recovery at home, making good progress.

“The Prince and Princess wish to say a huge thank you to the entire team at The London Clinic, especially the dedicated nursing staff, for the care they have provided,” the statement read.

“The Wales family continues to be grateful for the well wishes they have received from around the world.”

Kate Middleton is anticipated to resume her duties after Easter in late March, as she continues to recover at her Adelaide Cottage home in Windsor. The timeline for King Charles’ return to duties remains uncertain; however, recovery from his procedure is typically brief. Camilla has mentioned that Charles is eager to return to work.

 

 

 

 

 

Advertisement
Advertisement

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement
Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker!