As part of the process to start the Suame Interchange Project’s development in the Ashanti region, authorities have started to remove buildings from along roadways.
Owners of the structures received notifications from the Suame Municipal Assembly requesting that they get out of the way in order for the contractors to finish their work a few weeks ago.
Temporary constructions are being taken down at the moment, but the Assembly claims that steps are also in motion to address the permanent structures.
Maxwell Ofosu Boakye, the municipal chief executive for Suame, told Citi News that business owners are completely complying with the officers conducting the exercise.
“We made the news two weeks ago, and as of Friday, roughly 80% of them had already begun migrating because this is a project that everyone is expecting. We decided to add two additional days on Monday because of how nicely they were complying, and those days concluded yesterday.
“We had to use force on less than 10% of them because they were stubborn and unwilling to move. And the bulk of them begged for a few hours to go as soon as we started doing that,” he said.
Therefore, Mr. Boakye praised the owners of the buildings for their cooperation and for sharing his opinion on the necessity of finishing the project.
I will appreciate them since, contrary to what we had anticipated, they seemed to understand the importance of the project and our desire to complete it.